CROSSING TO SCOTLAND:
MEDEMBLIK (NLD) – INVERNESS (SCO)
22 APRIL 12.00 pm – 01 MEI 10.00 am 2023 | 10 DAYS |€1350,- PER PERSON | FULL BOARD
We sail across the North Sea, along the English and Scottish East Coast, to Scotland. A voyage of approximately 550 NM. A number of nights will be sailed during the voyage and you fully participate as a crew member in a waiting system, of course assisted by the permanent crew. An adventurous exciting sailing trip in which you are active with the sailing actions, steering, keeping a lookout and navigation. We sail to beautiful places on the East Coast, such as Whitby and Lindesfarne.
Day 1 – Embarkation in Medemblik
On Saturday 22 April 12 noon your adventure starts! We spend this afternoon getting acquainted, on board safety and everything you need to know about the ship. You will also be informed about the upcoming trip. In the afternoon or the next morning we set sail for the North Sea.
Day 2 and 3: Crossing the North Sea
Day 4: Visit Withby
Day 5 and 6: Sail to Lindesfarne (Holy Island) (85nm.)
Day 7 and 8: 175 miles to Inverness
Day 9 and 8: Visit Inverness
Day 10: Disembarkation
Maximum number of guests:
For whom is this voyage suitable for?
- You are older than 16 years.
- Are you over 70 years old? Please contact us first.
- You are in good shape and mobility.
- Some sailing experience. (No sailing experience is required for trips in Scotland)
- You like night sailing
Do I need sailing experience?
All our voyages are fully crewed so there’s no sailing experience needed to join a sailing holiday adventure!
What language is spoken on board?
We are sailing with an international group of people. The crew is Dutch and speaks English and German. The main language on deck will be English when there are multiple nationalities on board.
|Single berth in twin cabin||€ 1350,-||Per person|
|Optional: Twin cabin (Single occupancy) Surcharge of 35%||€ 472,-||Per person|
Terms of payment
The payment amount will be paid in 2 terms*:
25%: Two weeks after the reservation
75%: One month before the start of the voyage
*If the reservation is made within 6 weeks prior to departure the price will be charged in 1 term.
- Crew: captain and mate/cook
- Bedsheets and towels
- All meals, snacks and hot drinks
- Use of eco-friendly shower gel and shampoo
- Use of a MUSTO BR1 sailing suit (jacket and trousers) size S-XXL
- All ship- cleaning- and reservation costs, STO guarantee, VAT.
- Travel to and from the ship.
- Personal expenses
- Softdrinks and alcoholic drinks on board
- possible extra tickets and entry fees
- Travel- and/or cancellation-insurance
What do I take?
- Waterproof (hiking)shoes with good grip
- Rainboots or a second pair of shoes for wet weather
- Warm clothing. Out on the water wind chill makes it feel colder, so remember layered clothing and thermo-underlayers
- a hat, it can be cold out on the water!
- Light rain-clothing for on-shore, our sailing gear is not suitable for walking or hiking
- Sun-protection (Sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Passport or ID
- Travel insurance
- There is no room for suitcases, therefore use soft travel bags.
This offer is covered by the warranty of STO Garant. You can find the terms and conditions of this guarantee at STO garant’s website (www.sto-garant.nl/downloads)