SAILING & EXPLORING JURA AND MULL 2022
30 JULY 14:00 – 05 AUGUST 2022 |7 DAYS |€ 1200, – PER PERSON | FULL BOARD
Sail with Steady to the West coast of Scotland and discover one of the most stunning sailing areas in the world.
During a sailing holiday in the Hebrides there’s a lot to experience! From cosy harbour villages to remote anchor spots, beautiful long sand beaches and rich wildlife, all in all there is plenty to do or see. In this 7-day trip we sail to a beautiful untouched part of the Inner Hebrides.
The journey day by day:
DAY 1 – OBAN
On the 1st day we expect you on board at 14:00 in Oban. The Steady will be waiting for you in the marina at the North Pier, only 300m away from the train station. While enjoying coffee/tea with sandwiches, we get to know each other and the ship. We leave Oban that same afternoon and sail to a beautiful anchorage where we also spend the night. After the joint dinner you will be informed about the upcoming trip.
DAY 2 – JURA
In front of the Scottish West coast lays the island of Jura, an island off the Inner Hebrides. It is twice as big as the Dutch island of Texel, but only counts 190 inhabitants, (and 6000 deer). You will go there for the nature and the whiskey; the distillery is the beating heart of the island. Steady will drop its anchor at the sheltered east side close to the Craig house.
DAY 3 – IONA
Isle of Iona is a tiny island which only houses 120 people. Though due to the humungous amounts of tourists that visit this magnificent island, it is never quiet. Yearly there’s about 130.000 tourists visiting the island of Iona. In the year 565 A.D. the Irish Saint Columba founded Iona Abby. The monastery is the main attraction of the island.
DAY 4 – LUNGA & GOMETRA
Along a northward course we follow the majestic coastline of Mull by the Treshnish and onwards to Staffa. At the island Lunga, Treshnish, we take a break to look at the funny puffins. Later in the afternoon we drop the anchor at a nice, sheltered place at the island of Gometra, west of the isle of Mull.
DAY 5 – TOBERMORY
It’s quite a stretch we’re sailing around the north of Mull towards Tobermory. This is a cosy and colourful town of Tobermory in which there’s a lot to experience. Nice pubs and shops which you can enjoy in abundance in the afternoon.
DAY 6 – KERRERA
On our last day we will set sail to the island Kerrera. Compared to the hustle and bustle of the nearby touristic centre of Oban, Kerrera is very quiet, rural, and provides a stunning view of the surrounding coastal areas. Cars are forbidden on the island, except for locals, making it a hiker’s paradise. There is plenty of time for a Hike in the afternoon. In the evening we will enjoy the Captains dinner all together.
Day 7 – OBAN
After breakfast we lift the anchor and sail about an hour back to Oban. After an active week in which you have enjoyed the beautiful green and water-rich surroundings we say our goodbyes at 10:00 o’clock.
This journey description is meant to give you an impression of how the journey could look. Weather conditions are however a big influence in this area. Therefor the travel-plan can get changed.
Maximum number of guests:
There is availability for a maximum of 8 guests.
For whom is this journey suitable?
- You are over 16 years old
- Your health and mobility is sufficient for a sailing trip at sea
- You love being outside in nature
- you are looking for a holiday with wildlife
- Active holidays in small groups is really something for you
Do I need sailing experience?
All our voyages are fully crewed so there’s no sailing experience needed to join a sailing holiday adventure!
What language is spoken on board?
We are sailing with an international group of people. The crew is Dutch and speaks English and German. The main language on deck will be English when there are multiple nationalities on board.
Single berth in twin cabin
Optional: Twin cabin (Single occupancy) Surcharge of 35%
Terms of payment:
The payment amount will be paid in 2 terms*:
25%: Two weeks after the reservation
75%: One month before the start of the voyage
*If the reservation is made within 6 weeks prior to departure the boarding price will be charged in 1 term.
- Crew: captain and mate/cook
- Bedsheets and towels
- All meals, snacks and hot drinks
- Use of eco-friendly shower gel and shampoo
- Use of a MUSTO BR1 sailing suit (jacket and trousers) size S-XXL
- All ship- cleaning- and reservation costs, STO guarantee, VAT.
- Travel to and from the ship.
- Personal expenses
- Softdrinks and alcoholic drinks on board
- possible extra tickets and entry fees
- Travel- and/or cancellation-insurance
What do I take?
- Waterproof (hiking)shoes with good grip
- Rainboots or a second pair of shoes for wet weather
- Warm clothing. Out on the water wind chill makes it feel colder, so remember layered clothing and thermo-underlayers
- a hat, it can be cold out on the water!
- Light rain-clothing for on-shore, our sailing gear is not suitable for walking or hiking
- Sun-protection (Sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Passport or ID
- Travel insurance
- There is no room for suitcases, therefor use soft travel bags.
This offer is covered by the warranty of STO Garant. You can see the terms and conditions of this warranty-agreement STO Garant’s website (www.sto-garant.nl/downloads)