CALEDONIAN CANAL & LOCHS
OBAN – INVERNESS
16 SEPTEMBER 14:00 – 22 SEPTEMBER 10:00 2023 |7 DAYS | €1350, – PER PERSON | FULL BOARD
Late Summer Sail! We will go on a hike though the Scottish Highlands and discover remote Lochs. A great voyage that is suitable for nature lovers and for those who want to have a lot of opportunity for hiking.
A week full of surprises and special destinations. In the first half of the journey, we will sail from Oban and spend the night on the amazing Lochs that we encounter on the way.
The second half of the journey we will sail through the Caledonian canal from West to East. Here you will see the Highlands at her very best. We will sail across Loch Ness and as a guest you can give the crew a hand when mooring in the locks. While we sail through the canal you can relax and enjoy the landscape as is passes by as if it was a film. Enjoy hiking? Then you can also do a part of the Great Glen Way by foot. On board there is a hiking guide with all the information on the different legs.
The voyage day-by-day
Day 1- On the 1st day we expect you on board at 2 pm in Oban. Steady is waiting for you in the marina on the North Pier, just 300m from the train station. While enjoying coffee/tea with sandwiches, we get to know each other and the ship. That same afternoon we leave Oban and sail to a beautiful anchorage where we also spend the night. After the joint dinner you will be informed about the upcoming trip.
Day 2- Time to set sails! We leave our anchorage and sail from beautiful Loch Linnhe to Loch a’Choir. The surrounding hills invite you to thoroughly stretch your legs!
Day 3- Today we sail towards the Caledonian Canal, we will get a sight of the Ben Nevis, Great-Britain’s highest mountain. At the end of the day, we will be at Neptune’s staircase, an impressive array of locks that will take us up a whopping 19 meters!
Day 4- A long Sailing day ahead with a lot of Lochs, yet the most beautiful part of the route! We’re on the go the whole day and end in Gairlochy
Day 5- Today we sail across Loch Ness till Fort Augustus. This cosy village with nice pubs is flooded with tourists in summer, all in a search of the monster of Loch Ness.
Day 6- The last leg of the Caledonian Canal ends in Muirtown Marina. This is close to the historic city of Inverness, a beautiful city with a lot of sights to visit. In the evening we will enjoy the captains dinner all together and for those who still have energy after this day, you have to go to Hootananny, the nicest pub in town!
Day 7- Enjoy a delicious extensive breakfast on this last day before everyone goes their own way again . After a diverse trekking we say our goodbyes around 10:00 o’clock.
This journey description is meant to give you an impression of how the journey could look. Weather conditions are however a big influence in this area. Therefor the travel-plan can get changed.
Maximum number of guests:
There is availability for a maximum of 8 guests.
For whom is this voyage suitable?
- You are over 16 years old
- You are looking for a relaxing holiday
- You want ample opportunity for walking
- Your health and mobility is sufficient for a sailing voyage
- Active holidays in small groups is really your thing
What language is spoken on board?
We are sailing with an international group of people. The crew is Dutch and speaks English and German. The main language on deck will be English when there are multiple nationalities on board.
|Single berth in twin cabin||€ 1350,-||Per person|
|Optional: Twin cabin (Single occupancy) Surcharge of 35%||€ 472,-||Per person|
Terms of payment
The payment amount will be paid in 2 terms*:
25%: Two weeks after the reservation
75%: One month before the start of the voyage
*If the reservation is made within 6 weeks prior to departure the boarding price will be charged in 1 term.
- Crew: captain and mate/cook
- Bedsheets and towels
- All meals snacks and hot beverages
- Use of eco-friendly shower gel and shampoo
- Use of a MUSTO BR1 sailing suit (jacket and trousers) size S-XXL
- All ship- cleaning- and reservation costs, STO guarantee, VAT
- Travel to and from the ship.
- Personal expenses
- Softdrinks and alcoholic drinks on board
- possible extra tickets and entry fees
- Travel- and/or cancellation-insurance
What do I take?
- Waterproof (hiking)shoes with good grip
- Rainboots or a second pair of shoes for wet weather
- Warm clothing. Out on the water wind chill makes it feel colder, so remember layered clothing and thermo-underlayers
- a hat, it can be cold out on the water!
- Light rain-clothing for on-shore, our sailing gear is not suitable for walking or hiking
- Sun-protection (Sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Passport or ID
- Travel insurance
- There is no room for suitcases, therefor use soft travel bags.
This offer is covered by the warranty of STO Garant. You can find the terms and conditions of this guarantee at STO garant’s website (www.sto-garant.nl/downloads)