CALEDONIAN CANAL & LOCHS
03 MAY 12:00 – 09 MAY 10:00 2023 |7 DAYS | SALE 10% €1350, – NOW €1215,- PER PERSON | FULL BOARD
We will go on a hike though the Scottish Highlands, discover remote Lochs and visit the stunning island of Kerrera, which is a true Hiker’s paradise.
A week full of surprises and special destinations. The first half of the journey we will sail through the Caledonian canal from east to West. Here you will see the Highlands at her very best. We will sail across Loch Ness and as a guest you can give the crew a hand when mooring in the locks. While we sail through the canal you can relax and enjoy the landscape as is passes by as if it was a film. Enjoy hiking? Then you can also do a part of the Great Glen Way by foot. On board there is a hiking guide with all the information on the different legs.
In the second half of the journey, we will sail to Oban and spend the night on the amazing Lochs that we encounter on the way.
The voyage day-by-day
Day 1- Your holiday starts in the historical city of inverness, a beautiful city with a lot of sights to visit. Steady is moored in the Caledonian Canal in Muirtown Marina. Here you can board at 12:00.
Day 2- Today we sail across Loch Ness till Fort Augustus. This cosy village with nice pubs is flooded with tourists in summer, all in a search of the monster of Loch Ness.
Day 3- A long Sailing day ahead with a lot of Lochs, yet the most beautiful part of the route! We’re on the go the whole day and end in Gairlochy
Day 4- One more day of sailing on the Caledonian Canal, we will get a sight of the Ben Nevis, Great-Britain’s highest mountain. At the end of the day, we will be at Neptune’s staircase, an impressive array of locks that will take us down a whopping 19 meters!
Day 5- Time to set sail! We leave the canal and spend the night anchored in Loch a’Choir, located in Loch Linnhe. The surrounding hills invite you to thoroughly stretch your legs!
Day 6- On our last day we will set sail to the island Kerrera. Compared to the hustle and bustle of the nearby touristic centre of Oban, Kerrera is very quiet, rural, and provides a stunning view of the surrounding coastal areas. Cars are forbidden on the island, except for locals, making it a hiker’s paradise. There is plenty of time for a Hike in the afternoon. In the evening we will enjoy the Captains dinner all together.
Day 7- After an extensive breakfast we sail the last bit to the marina of Oban. After a diverse trekking we say our goodbyes around 10:00 o’clock.
This journey description is meant to give you an impression of how the journey could look. Weather conditions are however a big influence in this area. Therefor the travel-plan can get changed.
Maximum number of guests:
There is availability for a maximum of 8 guests.
For whom is this voyage suitable?
- You are over 16 years old
- You are looking for a relaxing holiday
- You want ample opportunity for walking
- Your health and mobility is sufficient for a sailing voyage
- Active holidays in small groups is really your thing
What language is spoken on board?
We are sailing with an international group of people. The crew is Dutch and speaks English and German. The main language on deck will be English when there are multiple nationalities on board.
|Single berth in twin cabin||€ 1215,-||Per person|
|Optional: Twin cabin (Single occupancy) Surcharge of 35%||€ 425,-||Per person|
Terms of payment
The payment amount will be paid in 2 terms*:
25%: Two weeks after the reservation
75%: One month before the start of the voyage
*If the reservation is made within 6 weeks prior to departure the price will be charged in 1 term.
- Crew: captain and mate/cook
- Bedsheets and towels
- All meals snacks and hot beverages
- Use of eco-friendly shower gel and shampoo
- Use of a MUSTO BR1 sailing suit (jacket and trousers) size S-XXL
- All ship- cleaning- and reservation costs, STO guarantee, VAT
- Travel to and from the ship.
- Personal expenses
- Softdrinks and alcoholic drinks on board
- possible extra tickets and entry fees
- Travel- and/or cancellation-insurance
What do I take?
- Waterproof (hiking)shoes with good grip
- Rainboots or a second pair of shoes for wet weather
- Warm clothing. Out on the water wind chill makes it feel colder, so remember layered clothing and thermo-underlayers
- a hat, it can be cold out on the water!
- Light rain-clothing for on-shore, our sailing gear is not suitable for walking or hiking
- Sun-protection (Sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Passport or ID
- Travel insurance
- There is no room for suitcases, therefor use soft travel bags.
This offer is covered by the warranty of STO Garant. You can find the terms and conditions of this guarantee at STO garant’s website (www.sto-garant.nl/downloads)